Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Decade Has Arrived...

I've often thought that I should start a blog for our lives. Mostly, I decided I had this frequent thought because I have become quite the avid reader of a handful of great blogs and I figured that if I read their blogs they'll read mine, right? That is where the idea gets stuck. I think I'm scared of failure and scared that no one will follow or read my blog!

The more I think about it though, I'd love to have a record of a lot of the happenings in my (our) life. Whether anyone else reads, comments or cares is really not important. Well, really isn't AS important. Who am I kidding? I want followers and comments galore! Anywho, upon this new year of 2010 (woah!) I am going to document our lives and love every minute of it!

I've decided that while this will certainly be about Brandon and my life as a family... I will be the author. Brandon barely even checks his own Facebook.... let alone post on a blog. In fact, he barely even knows what a blog is. But, I love him anyway. Maybe someday in the future I will get him to write about something interesting. But, for now... this will be my gig. In fact, he doesn't even know I'm starting a blog. Ha!

My friend, Jen at A Daily Dose of Davis has encouraged me to blog before... but I just hadn't worked up the guts to do it. But, I DID IT! I'm not sure what I'll write about. That's a pretty big problem, if I do say so myself. I'm quite the jibber jabberer so I suppose I'll figure it out. I often times set out to write a three sentence email and have it turn into a novel. I suppose blogging may follow along the same lines for me. I will leave no topics off limits. However, I doubt I will ever blog about religion or politics in depth. My purpose in blogging right now is simple: to document things happening in our lives.

In fact, I feel like I'm lingering a bit too long in this first post as it is. So, I shall say goodnight for tonight and hope to find my groove in writing about something funny or interesting.... Ohhhh boy!

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Hi there!
I just read what you wrote about you starting your own blog. I'm glad you did, and I'm now a follower :) I'm totally addicted to blogging....it's just so much fun.
I see you follow mine too...thanks a bunch. Oh, I almost forgot, I think you and your husband make a really cute couple...I loved checking out your pics.
Have a great day!