Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Goodbye 23!

Hellloooo Mid Twenties! YIKES!

I, unlike the rest of America, spent this last Sunday celebrating my birthday with my wonderful Hubbs instead of watching the boob tube!** He rented us a hotel here and took me to dinner here.

OH! MY! GOSH!

We both are so busy in our daily lives it was just such a nice gesture for him to not have to work on Super Bowl Sunday. I mean, he manages a Sports Bar with several huge flat screens... we were inevidibly going to be busy! Duh! I had mentioned that I have lived in Washington State my entire life (minus one year) and had never been up in the Space Needle at some point this past year. So, he decided we'd splurge for my birthday. The odds were that the weather wouldn't cooperate for us but thankfully it was a clear night and the views were beautiful! I have some pictures, but my camera cord is missing. So, they'll have to wait. We were pleased when dinner was absolutely fantastic. We have actually shared quite a few fabulous meals together and this was one of the best. Brandon ordered the bone-in Rib Eye steak that was a whopping 24oz! Shooot! And, that 145.5 lb man ate it ALL! :) I enjoyed a delicious filet that was served with black truffle reduction and king crab legs! Yum O! After dinner we enjoyed some adult beverages with each other at a really nice place downtown Seattle... it was a perfect date night! Thanks Babe!

**Rest assured knowing that I strategically took a "nap" in the hotel room before dinner with CBS on... Yes, my man did get some good old football watchin' in! I couldn't be THAT selfish!

Earlier in the week some of my girls and I celebrated my birthday with dinner at a Thai restaurant in town... Afterward my BFF Liz and I hit up the best place to dance in this town and met up with Hubbs and Cousin Kyle. I don't know why I always call him Cousin Kyle... Oh well! We had a blast! Here are the highlights...

Liz & I tearin' up the dancefloor... Isn't she gorgeous? Love her.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cousin Kyle & I enjoying Jake's Hot Dog Stand... Oh, and we got fried pickles.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lastly, this is my adorable Husband who is not at all afraid of what anyone thinks of him. Seriously? He squeezed himself into Liz's sweet bomber jacket! Wow! Oh, and he's completely sober. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyway, here's to a great year! I plan to make it better than the past two have been, that's for sure! :)

No comments: