Saturday, June 19, 2010

Paradise Island

I have been so lucky this weekend to skip out on work (sorry, Hubbs!) and get away to a Puget Sound island with three other girls.  One of the girls is a BFF of mine, Shandy.  We are about an hour and a half from home on the OTHER side of the Puget Sound from Olympia. It is so peaceful and beautiful here!Yesterday started off as an adventure when we missed the private ferry that only runs every couple of hours... well the nice ferry man came back to get us anyway! I'm SO notorious for being late! Anyway...

It was a beautiful day yesterday and once we got onto Herron Island we started eating, drinking and having fun! I'm pretty sure I've gained 5lbs in the last 36 hours... but whatev.  I'm starting a program with Jen on Monday... I'll work it off!  We have played Apples to Apples, Taboo, LRC (dice game,) and Yahtzee (how is that spelled!?!) Of course, we've spent time wandering the shores as well!  Today was less than stellar weather... which sucked because Shandy and I planned on using the kayaks, but oh well.  We spent some quality time napping, sleeping, buying B.Makowski purses off of QVC and eating some more! A WONDERFUL Saturday, if you ask me!

The cabin is on the south side of the island and it has a GORGEOUS view of my personal favorite mountain range, the Olympic Mountains.  I will share more pictures later this week! Tata for now, I'm going to go finish watching Knocked Up with the girls and enjoy my last 12 hours of relaxation!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


3 comments:

Jen S. said...

What a fun time you must be having! That's awesome :)

Unknown said...

Just found your delicious blog and wanted to say how much Ive enjoyed reading it. You surely had a lot of fun, I can really see that.
Boracay accommodation

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

What an amazing view -- I will have to check that place out! Another Seattleite here :)