Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wishful Wednesday



This week's topic is:
'I wish' .... I could go back and spend one day working at a job from my youth, and it would be ______!

BABYSITTING!

Oh wait... I kind of still do that. Except, I call myself a nanny these days. Because, well... I just like it better. :) Honestly, I have always loved kids. Especially infants to about 4 yrs old. They're so fun for me to watch learn and grow. I can't wait to have my own someday. *yikes*

More specifically, I used to watch our neighbor kids. It started out with the little boy named Evan. He was such a cute little toehead. I must have only been about 13 at the time and our houses shared a private driveway. He'd toddle over to our porch and ring the doorbell randomly and yell "DING DONG!" It was the cutest thing. He also called me "CHESHI" which was cute too. When my family moved into that house Evan was about 2 or 3 and his mom was preggers with his baby sister. I remember when Emily was born too. My BFF Liz who also lived in our neighborhood would come over and braid Em's hair after I gave her a bath. I watched those kids grow up until they moved away... :( Now they are in 6th grade (I think) and middle school. Crazy! I certainly feel old! I last saw them at our wedding and they're gorgeous kids and I can't believe they're so BIG! :)

Recently I have been able to watch another two little girls. I love it! In fact, I fear the day that I have to get a "real job." I am currently watching my nephew's cousin. She's such a firecracker! Her 1st birthday party was just this weekend and I got her one of those Playschool shopping carts and filled it with fruits and vegetables. I also got her some wooden cars and a pull along wooden alligator from our local toy store... so fun!

Anyway, that's my job I wish I could go back to solely! If only I didn't have my own house to tend to, school and another job!!! :)

Hope on over to Kelsey's to read other fun Wishful Wednesday posts!

2 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I couldn't agree more! Nannying was such a great way to earn money in a fun environment!

Seizing My Day said...

=) I was the Nanny for years! I am still close with a couple of my "families" ~ college students, married with kids now! yikes! It is SO So so different when they are your own! You are more playful and have more energy when you are not the mommy!! he he!